What is 3D HIFU
HIFU stands for “High Intensity Focused Ultrasound” also known as ‘Ultrasound Facelift’ or ‘Ultherapy’. This non-surgical face lifting technology has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck, to lift and tighten the skin.
The technology is unique in its ability to penetrate the dermis and the superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) layer, so goes deeper than all other non-invasive facial treatments or technologies. SMAS is the same layer which is tightening during conventional facelift surgery. Unlike surgery, HIFU is more affordable and requires no down time.
HIFU uses multiple beams of ultrasound. Individually the beams have no effect on the tissue. However, combined their area of convergence becomes a point of thermal energy, heating the tissue below the surface causing them to contract and tighten, whilst forming robust new collagen fibres.
HIFU generally works as a one-off treatment which will help you achieve tighter, firmer, lifted skin.
The key advantages of this treatment are:
• Stimulates natural collagen production
• No cuts to the skin
• No recovery time
• Noticeable results immediately after treatment, becoming progressively more noticeable – peaking at 3months.
• Results can last for 2-3 years
• A fantastic treatment to combine with skin boosters & other selected aesthetic procedures.
• Most suitable for those wanting to erase moderate to medium levels of skin laxity.
What areas can be treated?
The procedure can be effective at treating the following areas of the face:
• Forehead frown lines
• Crow’s feet
• Double chins
• Sagging neck